The Nashville Analytics SummitÂ will be on us before we know it. This special gathering of data and analytics professionals is scheduled for August 20th and 21st, and should be bigger and better than ever. From my first experience with the Summit in 2014, it has consistently been a highlight of my year. My first Summit took place at the Lipscomb Spark Center meeting space with about a hundred attendees. Just a few years later, we’d grown to more than 450 attendees and moved into the Omni Hotel.
Mark it on your calendar. I’ll give you five reasons why it is a can’t-miss event if you work with data:
- We’ve invited world-renowned keynote speakers like Stephen Few and Thomas Davenport. You won’t believe who we are planning to bring in this year.
- There isn’t a better networking event for analytics professionals in our region. Whether you’re looking for talent or looking for the next step in your career, you’ll meet kindred spirits, data lovers, and innovative businesses. For two years in a row,Â we have hired Juice interns directly from conversations at the Summit.Â
- It’s for everyone who works with data. Analyst, Chief Data Officer, or Data Scientist…Â we’ve got you covered. There are technical workshops and presentations for the hands-on practitioner and case studies and management strategies for the executive. We’re committed to bringing you quality and diverse content.
- It’s a “Goldilocks” conference. Some conferences go on for days. Some conferences are a sea of people, or too small to expand your horizons. The Analytics Summit is two days, 500-something people, and conveniently located in the cosy confines of the Omni Hotel. It is easy to meet new people and connect with people you know.
- See what’s happening. Nashville has a core of companies committed to building a special and innovative analytics community. We have innovators like Digital Reasoning, Stratasan, and Juice Analytics. We have larger companies making a deep commitment to analytics like Asurion, HCA, and Nissan. The Summit is the best chance to see the state of our thriving analytics community.
Now that you’re convinced you can’t miss out, you’re may wonder what to do next. First, block out your calendar (August 20 and 21). Next, find a colleague who you’d like to go with. Want to be even more involved? We invited dozens of local professionals to speak at the Summit. You can submit a proposal to present.Â
Finally, if you don’t want your company to miss out on the opportunity to reach our entire analytics community, there are still slots for sponsors.
I hope to see you there.