[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
Tour of Accounting Source
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- Aug 07, 2018 #WEB Blockchain Webinar Part 4: Where do we go from here?
- Aug 19, 2018 #WEB An Introduction to Big Data with Hadoop & Spark – Free Webinar
- Aug 04, 2018 #WEB Machine Learning & Data Science Training
[ AnalyticsWeek BYTES]
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
[ FEATURED READ]
Illuminating and very timely . . . a fascinating and sometimes alarming survey of big data’s growing effect on just about everything: business, government, science and medicine, privacy, and even on the way we think… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Winter is coming, warm your Analytics Club
Yes and yes! As we are heading into winter what better way but to talk about our increasing dependence on data analytics to help with our decision making. Data and analytics driven decision making is rapidly sneaking its way into our core corporate DNA and we are not churning practice ground to test those models fast enough. Such snugly looking models have hidden nails which could induce unchartered pain if go unchecked. This is the right time to start thinking about putting Analytics Club[Data Analytics CoE] in your work place to help Lab out the best practices and provide test environment for those models.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:What are confounding variables?
A: * Extraneous variable in a statistical model that correlates directly or inversely with both the dependent and the independent variable
* A spurious relationship is a perceived relationship between an independent variable and a dependent variable that has been estimated incorrectly
* The estimate fails to account for the confounding factor
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
The most valuable commodity I know of is information. Gordon Gekko
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
140,000 to 190,000. Too few people with deep analytical skills to fill the demand of Big Data jobs in the U.S. by 2018.