Increasingly, the CEOâs of all the progressive organizations are focusing on customer experience as a competitive business differentiator. If not already, it should be high on the list of every company aspiring to be successful. Need some convincing? Take a look at the following 25 inspiring and useful customer service quotes as said by CEOâs of company we all admire:
- âYour most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.â- Bill Gates
This quote resonates well for a growing organization as customers should be the source of all learning and innovation in an enterprise.
- âIt is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.â –Charles Darwin
I love the way how Charles Darwin has simply explained one of the most important concepts in the history of human evolution. This applies very well to business evolution.
- âWell done is better than well said.â –Benjamin Franklin
As described in this quote, the importance of successful execution cannot be undermined and understated.
- âSpend a lot of time talking to customers face to face. Youâd be amazed how many companies donât listen to their customers.â –Ross Perot
Itâs a great quote that addresses a big concern that needs to be fixed by large organizations, if they want to maintain their edge in the future.
- âIf you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.â
-Jeff Bezos, CEO Amazon.com
Amazon is a pioneer in customer experience and clearly outlines its marketing edge â word of mouth driven by happy customers
- âThe customer experience is the next competitive battleground.â –Jerry Gregoire, CIO, Dell Computers
Today customer experience is a key differentiating factor for a large number of commodity products.
- âQuality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it.â
Quality of a product needs to be seen and defined from the eyes of the customer. Customer should be able to experience the value and the quality and decide its worthiness.
- âCustomers donât expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong.â –Donald Porter, V.P. British Airways
This clearly defined the new customers of the current era. Customers understand that companies are made of people/ humans and want to connect with them and get help when they need it the most.
- âThe more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.â –John Russell, President, Harley Davidson
It is absolutely true that staying close to the customers would always help an organization learn and adapt to compete effectively.
- âYouâll never have a product or price advantage again. They can be easily duplicated, but a strong customer service culture canât be copied.â –Jerry Fritz
We all understand that true strategic advantage is difficult to imitate. Customer service is one of those things that can deliver strong competitive advantage. We all know the examples of Apple, Southwest airlines etc.
- âIn the world of Internet Customer Service, itâs important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away.â –Doug Warner
We should remember that we live in a digital era and customers have a lot of choice when it comes to making speedy online decisions. It is inevitable to have a strong online presence for any successful business.
- âKnow what your customers want most and what your company does best. Focus on where those two meet.â –Kevin Stirtz
This is where the rubber meets the road. It is important for a company to know its strengths and understand its customers to deliver a successful product.
- âLoyal customers, they donât just come back, they donât simply recommend you, they insist that their friends do business with you.â –Chip Bell, Founder Chip Bell Group
This is the reason why businesses want loyal customers. Apple has done a great job at this.
- âCustomer service is not a department, itâs everyoneâs job.â âAnonymous
Today, customer service is a differentiator for a business and it cannot be left only in the hands of the customer representatives. Everyone in the company should have an ear and an eye for improving customer experience.
- âWhen people talk about successful retailers and those that are not so successful, the customer determines at the end of the day who is successful and for what reason.â –Jerry Harvey
The ultimate power lies in the hands of the customers and they are responsible for making a product/ service successful.
- âA lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.â –Steve Jobs
Apple is a symbol of customer focused innovation and great customer experience. This is something that competition and businesses should understand and learn from.
- âYouâve got to look for a gap, where competitors in a market have grown lazy and lost contact with the readers or the viewers.â –Rupert Murdoch
Competitive research should focus on the customer experience gaps to innovate and differentiate on new and existing products.
- âExcellent firms donât believe in excellence â only in constant improvement and constant change.â –Tom Peters
Change is the true underdog that if done correctly can lead to success and profit.
- âEvery contact we have with a customer influences whether or not theyâll come back. We have to be great every time or weâll lose them.â –Kevin Stirtz
This is the new normal for todayâs customer. And, this needs to be followed to sustain the customer base.
- âHere is a simple but powerful rule: always give people more than what they expect to get.â –Nelson Boswell
This has been widely tested and understood, but difficult to follow and execute. But, if done right, it always pays off.
- âStatistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.â –Zig Ziglar
Data is true and statisticians are helpful. A complaining customer is giving you one more chance to improve before he leaves you and goes to the competitor. So, do listen to him and help him.
- âEvery client you keep, is one less that you need to find.â –Nigel Sanders
This is the mantra to maintaining your growth and profitability.
- âIf you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friendsâ –Jeff Bezos
The new digital world comes with its own benefits and disadvantages and an unhappy digitally savvy customer is the last thing a business wants.
- âIf we keep doing what weâre doing, weâre going to keep getting what weâre getting.â –Stephen Covey
Great quote to describe the needs for change in this changing world.
- âWe donât want to push our ideas on to customers, we simply want to make what they want.â –Laura Ashley
This is another quote that tells the power of the customers and the need to stay close to them to learn, innovate and provide them what they want. This is a win win for everyone.
I loved writing this blog and hope that you enjoy reading it.