[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
Complex data Source
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- Jul 01, 2018 #WEB Free Webinar on Big Data with Scala & Spark – Live Instructor Led Session | Limited Seats | Redmond, WA
- Jul 08, 2018 #WEB Free Webinar on Big Data with Scala & Spark – Live Instructor Led Session | Limited Seats | Austin, TX
- Jul 08, 2018 #WEB Free Webinar on Big Data with Scala & Spark – Live Instructor Led Session | Limited Seats | Bengaluru, India
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
[ FEATURED READ]
People love statistics. Statistics, however, do not always love them back. The Signal and the Noise, Nate Silver’s brilliant and elegant tour of the modern science-slash-art of forecasting, shows what happens when Big Da… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Save yourself from zombie apocalypse from unscalable models
One living and breathing zombie in today’s analytical models is the pulsating absence of error bars. Not every model is scalable or holds ground with increasing data. Error bars that is tagged to almost every models should be duly calibrated. As business models rake in more data the error bars keep it sensible and in check. If error bars are not accounted for, we will make our models susceptible to failure leading us to halloween that we never wants to see.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:Do you think 50 small decision trees are better than a large one? Why?
A: * Yes!
* More robust model (ensemble of weak learners that come and make a strong learner)
* Better to improve a model by taking many small steps than fewer large steps
* If one tree is erroneous, it can be auto-corrected by the following
* Less prone to overfitting
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. – Albert Einstein
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
According to execs, the influx of data is putting a strain on IT infrastructure. 55 percent of respondents reporting a slowdown of IT systems and 47 percent citing data security problems, according to a global survey from Avanade.