[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- May 31, 2018 #WEB ITIL Foundation- 2 days Classroom Training in Denver
- May 02, 2018 #WEB Learn to Develop a Successful Holographic & Augmented Reality Startup! Dubai
- May 29, 2018 #WEB Lean Six Sigma Black Belt-4 days Classroom Training in Detroit
[ AnalyticsWeek BYTES]
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
Machine learning (ML) is one of the fastest growing areas of science. It is largely responsible for the rise of giant data companies such as Google, and it has been central to the development of lucrative products, such … more
[ FEATURED READ]
In the world’s top research labs and universities, the race is on to invent the ultimate learning algorithm: one capable of discovering any knowledge from data, and doing anything we want, before we even ask. In The Mast… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Analytics Strategy that is Startup Compliant
With right tools, capturing data is easy but not being able to handle data could lead to chaos. One of the most reliable startup strategy for adopting data analytics is TUM or The Ultimate Metric. This is the metric that matters the most to your startup. Some advantages of TUM: It answers the most important business question, it cleans up your goals, it inspires innovation and helps you understand the entire quantified business.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:What is: collaborative filtering, n-grams, cosine distance?
A: Collaborative filtering:
– Technique used by some recommender systems
– Filtering for information or patterns using techniques involving collaboration of multiple agents: viewpoints, data sources.
1. A user expresses his/her preferences by rating items (movies, CDs.)
2. The system matches this users ratings against other users and finds people with most similar tastes
3. With similar users, the system recommends items that the similar users have rated highly but not yet being rated by this user
– Contiguous sequence of n items from a given sequence of text or speech
– ‘Andrew is a talented data scientist
– Bi-gram: ‘Andrew is, ‘is a, ‘a talented.
– Tri-grams: ‘Andrew is a, ‘is a talented, ‘a talented data.
– An n-gram model models sequences using statistical properties of n-grams; see: Shannon Game
– More concisely, n-gram model: P(Xi|Xi?(n?1)…Xi?1): Markov model
– N-gram model: each word depends only on the n?1 last words
– when facing infrequent n-grams
– solution: smooth the probability distributions by assigning non-zero probabilities to unseen words or n-grams
– Methods: Good-Turing, Backoff, Kneser-Kney smoothing
– How similar are two documents?
– Perfect similarity/agreement: 1
– No agreement : 0 (orthogonality)
– Measures the orientation, not magnitude
Given two vectors A and B representing word frequencies:
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine. Peter Sondergaard
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
More than 5 billion people are calling, texting, tweeting and browsing on mobile phones worldwide.